The Gombos Company is searching for a Forage Acquisition & Quality Control Manager to expand our hay and straw export processing operations in the Pacific Southern Region. The Forage Acquisition & Quality Control Manager reports directly to the company President and the Vice President of Pacific Southern Region and is responsible for a variety of tasks to include acquisition of alfalfa, hay, and straw products throughout Southern Utah, Arizona, and California for delivery to various Gombos export processing facilities, oversight of hay delivery, logistics, and quality control from farm to pressing facilities, and participation in acquisition and operational planning. The Forage Acquisition and Quality Control Manager is self-motivated, driven, highly disciplined, detail oriented, and always willing to provide “Gold Standard” customer service.
- Acquire alfalfa, hay, and straw products throughout Southern Utah, Arizona, and California for all Gombos export operations and facilities
- Manage grower relationships, hay purchases and contracts as required
- Quality control of stack purchases to include moisture testing and nutritional/GMO sampling
- Oversee protection of stack purchases (barn or export tarp) through delivery to export processing facilities
- Oversee delivery, logistics, and quality control of inbound loads from farm to export processing facilities
- Actively participate in acquisition and operational planning with all Gombos team members
- Actively support The Gombos Company’s Six Forces of Quality Control and Customer Satisfaction
- Participate in monthly count of onsite or offsite inventory
- Other duties as required
Skills, Qualifications, and Education
- Five or more years of experience with grass straw or alfalfa
- Reside in Southern U.S. preferred
- Valid driver’s license and clean DMV
- Ability to drive long distances and work independently
- Professional communication skills, both written and spoken
- Consistent, disciplined and focused approach to customer service and problem solving
- Agriculture experience is preferred
- Export experience is preferred
Salary depends on experience. Health insurance offered. Company vehicle or allowance offered. Send resume and references to HR@TheGombosCompany.com.
The Gombos Company exports forage and roughage (hay) to Far East and Middle East markets. The Gombos family has 39 years of industry-leading experience, involved with most major innovation and market access initiatives in this dynamic and growing industry. Agriculture and agribusiness is “a way of life” which requires certain cultural and individual characteristics to be successful. These include thriving in change, certain levels of unpredictability and the fast-paced, demanding world of international agribusiness.