2The Gombos Company is searching for an Export Logistics and Quality Control Assistant to expand our hay and straw export processing operations in the Pacific Northern Region. The Export Logistics and Quality Control Assistant reports directly to the company President and is responsible for a variety of tasks to include assistance with hay and straw export logistics quality control, inbound delivery quality control, export processing quality control at pressing facility in Royal City, WA and farm/field-level quality control throughout the State of Washington, Northern Oregon, and Western Idaho as needed. This position has opportunity to train into a hay-buying position. The Export Logistics and Quality Control Assistant is self-motivated, driven, highly disciplined, detail oriented, and always willing to provide “Gold Standard” customer service.
- Assist with all aspects of export logistics as required
- Assist with certain aspects of hay and straw acquisition as required for all Gombos export operations and facilities
- Assist with quality control of stack purchases to include moisture testing and nutritional/GMO sampling
- Assist with protection of stack purchases (barn or tarp) through delivery to export processing facilities
- Assist with quality control for delivery of inbound loads at export processing facility in Royal City, WA
- Assist with quality control for export processing of forage and roughage at facility in Royal City, WA
- Assist with quality control of product and package at export processing facility in Royal City, WA
- Actively support The Gombos Company’s Six Forces of Quality Control and Customer Satisfaction
- Participate in monthly count of onsite or offsite inventory
- Other duties as required
Skills, Qualifications, and Education
- Reside in Columbia Basin preferred
- Valid driver’s license and clean DMV with ability to drive long distances
- Professional communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Consistent, disciplined and focused approach to customer service and problem solving
- Agriculture background or education, specifically alfalfa and grass hay for export is preferred
Salary depends on experience. Health insurance offered. Company vehicle or allowance offered. Send resume and references to HR@TheGombosCompany.com.
The Gombos Company exports forage and roughage (hay) to Far East and Middle East markets. The Gombos family has 39 years of industry-leading experience, involved with most major innovation and market access initiatives in this dynamic and growing industry. Agriculture and agribusiness is “a way of life” which requires certain cultural and individual characteristics to be successful. These include thriving in change, certain levels of unpredictability and the fast-paced, demanding world of international agribusiness.
|Job Category||Export Logistics|